Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rome

After 4 hours of uploading, I'm finally done uploading the 50 or so pictures of Rome.  I'm not actually going to write what I did.  However, if you want to know what I did, visit Megan's blog.

A couple of friends I met in Munich.  Too bad I can't find them on Facebook.




Megan in front of some national monument.



Ruins of ancient Rome.

Megan in front of the Colosseum.





Megan being a tourist and taking a picture of a dig site in ancient Rome.

Walking through ancient Rome was HELL.  Mostly because I was sick and it was about 100 F.



The Spanish Steps and the beginning of our walking tour.  I didn't really remember the description of the guide, but good thing we found him.


One of the thousands of random churches scattered around Rome.

Inside the Pantheon.

Megan's first cappuccino.

Megan before she makes a wish in the Trevi Fountain.

Super famous gelato place.

Megan is super happy with her gelato.
St. Peter's Square


St. Peter's Basillca






Vatican Museums



One of Raphael's fresco

Megan in a tiny elevator

Megan and Brandon dancing at a gypsy festival.

Attempts at reading a map

Rome also has a lot of obelisks. 

View of Rome from the top of a hill.


Megan is pretty thirsty.

Trevi Fountain with Brandon.

Pantheon again.

Gigantic hole in the middle of the roof.


Rome at night.



Vatican City



Early the next morning, I left Rome and became a lone traveler again. 

1 comment: